Universal Music Group
"For sheer ambition alone, this four-disc, 43-track opus -- so much more than just a country album, is tough to beat," the magazine says of 'These Days,' which won the Grammy in 2006 for Best Country Album.
The singer-songwriter just released his latest CD, 'Guitar Slinger,' in October, which will be his last on his longtime record label, MCA. Despite the setback, Vince insists he is ready for the next chapter in his life.
"For the first time in 30 years, I don't have a record deal. Don't know that I want one," he maintains. "I'm just grateful for where I've been."
See all of the albums on People's list below. Vince's upcoming schedule includes stops in Florida, Minnesota and North Carolina, as well as several shows at the Grand Ole Opry. See his concert schedule here.
People's Top 10 Best Albums of the Century (So Far):
1. Kanye West, 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'
2. Coldplay, 'A Rush of Blood to the Head'
3. Radiohead, 'Kid A'
4. Outkast, 'SpeakerBoxxx/The Love Below'
5. Adele, '21'
6. Erykah Badu, 'Mama's Gun'
7. Jay-Z, 'The Blueprint'
8. Justin Timberlake, 'FutureSex/LoveSounds'
9. Amy Winehouse, 'Back to Black'
10. Vince Gill, 'These Days'