Rick Diamond, Getty Images
"Mine's already wrapped," Kristian tells The Boot. "My baby gift is the same to every person who has a baby. It's called the Miracle Blanket. It's like, 'Here, you're going to need this. You don't know it yet, but you're going to love this.' I told Jennifer, because she started giving that same gift to some of her friends, 'Do not buy one for yourself, because it's coming from me!' [laughs]"
Babies cry -- that's an inevitable truth, but the father of two says this little miracle present will help reduce the tears. "In the first few days of having a baby, you're in the hospital and there's a doula or midwife or someone, and they keep magically wrapping the baby up and then the baby is happy," Kristian explains. "Part of the happiness of the baby is the swaddling -- and the swaddling looks really easy, if you're looking at someone who does it 25 times a day. But if you're a new parent and you're really sleepy, you can't really see straight, you haven't eaten in a long time, your hair is kind of weird and your face has the little creases because you power nap, you can't swaddle. You're terrible at it."
According to the singer-songwriter, the trick is the Miracle Blanket. "There's this blanket that's like an auto-swaddling," he says with a laugh. "You just lay the baby in the blanket, put their arms in the thing and wrap it around them, and all of a sudden the baby is perfectly happy and perfectly swaddled. This is not a skill set I have intrinsically as a male. It's really incredible that there's this thing that helps you do this, so I started buying it all for my friends. I think I sent one to Brad Paisley."
Sugarland is taking a bit of a hiatus, while the duo's leading lady adjusts to her bundle of joy. "We're excited and this a great time to take a little bit of a breather because she's got to figure out being a mom," Kristian notes. "We've been on the road for a very long time, so there's no reason we shouldn't take a little time off. You've got to give people space to be a parent."
Read more of our exclusive interview with Kristian here, and come back to The Boot next week for Part 4 of our candid chat with the musician.
- Dierks & Cassidy Bentley
- Chely Wright
- Jennifer Nettles
- Hillary Scott & Chris Tyrell
- Sarah Buxton
- Emily and Eric Gunderson
- Lacey Buchanan Owen
- Joy Williams (the Civil Wars)
- Sarah and Jon Jones
- Mike and Kacey Eli
- Leyicet Gokey
- Heather Nichols
- Mindy McCready
- Tayla Lynn
- Carter's Chord's Emily Robertson
- Hillary Duff
- Jessa Lee Houser
- Lily Allen
- Dearly Departed Country Stars
- George Jones
- Gordon Stoker
- Mindy McCready
- Keith Whitley
- Tammy Wynette
- Gram Parsons
- Jim Reeves
- Spade Cooley
- CMA Awards Fashion Wishes
- Carrie Underwood, 2012 ACM Awards
- Carrie Underwood, CMAs: Chanel Resort 2013?
- Miranda Lambert, 2012 ACM Awards
- Miranda Lambert, CMAs: Louis Vuitton Resort 2013?
- Thompson Square's Shawna Thompson, 2012 ACM Awards
- Shawna Thompson, CMAs: Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013?
- Nicole Kidman, 2012 ACM Awards
- Nicole Kidman, CMAs: Alexander McQueen Spring 2013?
- Sara Evans, 2012 ACM Awards
- Sara Evans, CMAs: Alexander McQueen Spring 2013?
- LeAnn Rimes, 2012 ACM Awards
- LeAnn Rimes, CMAs: Alexander McQueen Spring 2013?
- Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott, 2012 ACM Awards
- Hillary Scott, CMAs: Valentino Couture 2012?
- Martina McBride, 2012 ACM Awards
- Martina McBride, CMAs: Michael Kors Resort 2013?
- Jana Kramer, 2012 ACM Awards
- Jana Kramer, CMAs: Versace Couture 2013?
- Taylor Swift, 2012 ACM Awards
- Taylor Swift, CMAs: Monique Lhuillier 2013?