Kevin Mazur, WireImage
Compiled by the National League of Junior Cotillions, an etiquette and social training program involving thousands of young people in the United States, the list is now in its 21st year. Cotillion students and directors nationwide nominate individuals for the award.
The 2012 best-mannered individuals are:
1. Taylor Swift -- for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
2. Rory McIlroy -- for displaying good sportsmanship on and off the golf course.
3. Robin Roberts -- for the respect she shows others as a network host and for extending warmth and kindness to "Good Morning America" guests.
4. Gabby Douglas -- for demonstrating humility and politeness as a young Olympic athlete.
5. Justin Bieber -- for consistently showing courtesy to his many fans.
6. Matt Damon -- for being a positive role model in Hollywood to younger generations.
7. Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge -- for the poise and dignity with which she conducts herself in the public spotlight.
8. Drew Brees -- for being a positive example for young athletes.
9. First Lady Michelle Obama -- for her positive encouragement of a healthy lifestyle to youth.
10. Daniel Radcliffe -- for the kindness extended to his "Harry Potter" fans.
"The annual selections are based on the demonstration of dignity, honor, and respect," says Elizabeth Anne Winters Russell, NLJC National Director. "Taylor Swift was chosen for the exemplary manner in which she has conducted herself, on and off stage as a musician and songwriter."
Prince Harry of Wales received the dubious honor of being named the Most Ill-Mannered Person of 2012, "for disregarding his prestigious title and misbehaving in the public spotlight." (warning: link contains NSFW photos)
- CMT Music Awards, 2007
- Country Music Association Awards, 2007
- American Music Awards, 2008
- CMT Music Awards, 2008
- CMT Music Awards, 2009
- AMAs, 2009
- Academy of Country Music Awards, 2009
- MTV Video Music Awards, 2009
- CMAs, 2009
- CMAs, 2009
- Grammys, 2010
- 2010 Grammys (Pre-Telecast)
- 2010 Grammy Awards
- BMI Awards, 2010
- ACMs, 2011
- AMAs, 2011
- CMAs, 2011
- 2012 Grammy Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2012
- 2012 ACM Awards
- Billboard Music Awards, 2012
- MTV EMAs, 2012
- 2012 American Music Awards
- Taylor Swift's Fashion Evolution
- May 2006: Academy of Country Music Awards
- Nov. 2006: Country Music Association Awards
- Dec. 2007: Grammy Nominations
- Dec. 2007: Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting
- May 2008: ACMs
- April 2009: ACM Artist of the Decade
- Sept. 2009: MTV Video Music Awards
- Aug. 2009: Fearless Tour
- Nov. 2010: American Music Awards
- Nov. 2010: CMT Artists of the Year
- April 2011: ACM Awards
- April 2012: ACM Awards
- May 2012: Billboard Music Awards
- Sept. 2012: iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Taylor Swift's Famous Friends